Dear list,

We currently undertake health assessment on any operator who uses a ride-on truck, including pallet trucks.

This was based upon discussion with EMAS a few moons ago.

We are currently debating whether or not there is a need to widen the criteria, given that the theoretical risk of collapse and subsequent harm/damage, when using trucks that are propelled whilst the operator is standing (on the floor), is perhaps just as high. In our organisation, we have very little evidence of actual harm/damage in this context versus the ride-on trucks.

Does anyone out there health assess those who operate hand trucks (not ride on) and if so, what is your rationale for this?

Thanks,

Matt

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: