Thanks all for your responses. I know. The issue wouldn't even arise if we didn't have to do that 2nd antibody check for IVS purposes. I'm told it was introduced into the Trust after two practicing HCWs were found to have substituted another's blood for testing, knowing they were HBV +ve.
Thanks again to all of you
Jo

Sent from my iPhone