I couldn't agree more. Having worked my guts out for five years in our area trying to make DRE work, only to discover the government drew a veil over it when their "quick fix" ideas didn't work and they realised they might get the blame for that!! With a Tory (is it really a coalition) government in power I am even less inclined to reinvent wheels and submit evidence that is already well-known. A mass boycott of this exercise/consultation would be the best solution possible in my opinion to send a message that they need to look at what has already been evidenced. What do others think?

Neil Sanyal

-----Original Message-----
From: Health of minority ethnic communities in the UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryant-Jefferies Richard (CENTRAL AND NORTH WEST LONDON NHS FOUNDATION TRUST)
Sent: 22 August 2013 14:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Call for Evidence Background and Response Document.doc

---
This message was sent from an email address external to NHSmail but gives the appearance of being from an NHSmail (@nhs.net) address. The recipient should verify the sender and content before acting upon information contained within.

The identified sender is [log in to unmask]
---
Given all the DRE work and reports that were produced in relation to this initiative, why oh why is there another call for evidence from another group formed to tackle the issue. We have evidence out there, what we need are people taking action on recommendations and good practice that have already been clearly identified. I despair...

Kind regards

Richard Bryant-Jefferies
Head of Equalities and Diversity
Tel: 020 3214 5769 Mobile: 07976 770781
Email: [log in to unmask]  Web: www.cnwl.nhs.uk

Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
Stephenson House
75 Hampstead Road
London NW1 2PL

Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL) is one of the largest trusts in the UK, caring for people with a wide range of physical and mental health needs. We have approximately 7,000 staff who provide healthcare to a third of London's population and across wider geographical areas, including Milton Keynes, Kent, Surrey and Hampshire.
As a Foundation Trust we involve service users, carers, the public, staff and partner organisations in the way that we are run and our future development. If you are interested in becoming a member of our Foundation Trust please visit: www.cnwl.nhs.uk/get-involved