Dear all,

I'm Magnetoencephalography (MEG) user from Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia, MALAYSIA who are responsible to manage the MEG machine and the whole laboratory. We are using Elekta 306 MEG system and we are trying to get accreditation from MS ISO/IEC 17025:2005. According to general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories Clause 5.9.1:
Our Laboratory shall have quality control procedures for monitoring the validity of test and calibrations undertaken. The resulting data shall be recorded in such a way that trends are detectable and, where practicable, statistical techniques shall be applied to the reviewing of the results. this monitoring shall be planned and reviewed and may include; but not be limited to, the following:

(a) regular use of certified reference materials and/or internal quality control using secondary reference materials;
(b) participation in interlaboratory comparison or proficiency-testing programmes;
(c) replicate tests or calibrations using the same or different methods;
(d) retesting or recalibration of retained items;
(e) correlation of results for different characteristics of an item.

To comply the requirement clause 5.9.1 (b) and (c), we needs to find at least 3 laboratories (including us) which is already accredited by MS ISO/IEC 17025:2005 or National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) to get the test methods and data from them and do the comparison among us. This is necessary for data validation purpose.

So that, we needs your help to inform us about the laboratories who has been accredited by MS ISO/IEC 17025:2005 or NATA.

We hope you can help us and we thanking you in advance for your cooperation.

Thank you.

Best regards,

ALWANI LIYANA AHMAD
Department of Neurosciences,

Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia,
16150 Kubang Kerian,
Kelantan, Malaysia.
Ext: 4046
Direct line: +609-7674046
Website: http://www.medic.usm.my/neurosciences/

"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction " - Albert Einstein, Physicist (1879-1955)