De: "Marjorie Burghart" <[log in to unmask]>
À: [log in to unmask]
Envoyé: Mardi 10 Septembre 2013 00:55:22
Objet: [M-R] Properties of crystal?

Dear list members,

For a little speech I must deliver, I am trying to find the virtues attributed to crystal in the Middle Ages. I have read that it was thought to be petrified ice, and that it healed some sort of abdominal pains.
But I have also found mentions, without clear reference, of crystal facilitating the delivery at childbirth. Would you know of medieval references for this virtue?

With my best regards,
Marjorie