Job Title: Web Editor, Wellcome Collection
Location: London
Closing Date: 15 September 2013
Salary: ca £ 28 000 per annum

The Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation dedicated to achieving extraordinary improvements in health by supporting the brightest minds. We support the brightest minds in biomedical research and the medical humanities.

Wellcome Collection<http://www.wellcomecollection.org/> is a free visitor destination for the incurably curious, exploring the connections between medicine, life and art in the past, present and future. The venue offers visitors contemporary and historic exhibitions and collections, lively public events, the world-renowned Wellcome Library, a café, a bookshop and venue hire. Wellcome Collection has been open for five years, becoming increasingly popular year-on-year.

We're looking for a talented and motivated web editor, who can develop and maintain creative and engaging content on the Wellcome Collection website and other digital channels, Working to the Digital Manager, you will support the marketing and communications function of Wellcome Collection online, as well as building new audiences for our engaging and intriguing content.

This role will involve:

· Commissioning, editing and maintaining content on the Wellcome Collection website and our other online channels
· Commissioning and editing content for the Wellcome Collection blog<https://blog.wellcomecollection.org/>
· Working closely with the Wellcome Collection Communications on strategic campaigns and marketing including social media engagement and campaign monitoring
· Providing training and support for content editors and providers
· Contributing to strategic planning for Wellcome Collection's digital presence

Candidates will have or be able to demonstrate:

· Experience of writing and editing content for websites and using content management systems to update online content
· The ability to develop effective and collaborative working relationships
· An understanding of how to put the needs of the user(s) at the centre of all web work
· The desire to create and maintain exceptional websites

We offer a salary of c.£28,000 per annum (depending up on experience) plus excellent benefits.

Application deadline: 15 September 2013

Further details and application:

https://jobs.wellcome.ac.uk/iRecruit/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyUID=000000002145

Danny Birchall