Hello Andrew
You might find this Toolkit useful - from TechDis via the the Learning Gateway

The toolkit comprises the following eight categories. Click on a category below, or in the left-hand menu, to access the guidance resources for that category:

  1. Users who have difficulty seeing things
  2. Users who have difficulty hearing things
  3. Users who have difficulties understanding things
  4. Users who have difficulty concentrating
  5. Users who have difficulties handling and manipulating things
  6. Users who have difficulties communicating with others
  7. Users who have difficulty accessing text
  8. Users who are dyslexic
Regards

Sue

Sue Watling
Centre for Educational Research and Development (CERD)
University of Lincoln
Brayford Pool
Lincoln
LN6 7TS