Dear All

In a worrying sign of what the Coalition government's cutbacks mean for social science, ONS is consulting on ending its provision of annual data on labour disputes (i.e. strikes).

For those of you that use this data in teaching, writing and/or research, please respond to the consultation exercise in the link below where you can outline the impact of the cessation of this service provision will have on your work.

Gregor

Professor Gregor Gall,
Visiting Lecturer,
Hertfordshire Business School
University of Hertfordshire,
Hatfield AL10 9AB.

Main email:
Professor Gregor Gall
Professor of Industrial Relations
School of Management
University of Bradford

Dear Sir/Madam,

As you may be  aware, the Office for National Statistics is currently undertaking a consultation regarding proposed cuts to its outputs. I am contacting you as our records show that you have previously used information collected from the Labour Disputes survey. As the Labour Disputes survey is one of the outputs involved in this consultation, I am writing to you to bring this to your attention and am inviting you to make any comments about the possible cessation of the Labour Disputes survey, and the impact that this would have on your work. I have attached a link to the consultation on the ONS website below, which gives further information on the consultation along with an invitation to take part.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/about-ons/get-involved/consultations/consultations/statistical-products-2013/index.html