Dear All,

Fault-slip analysis is an important subject to the most of structural geologists and Anderson’s model is still the basis of our teaching and research about faults and stresses. Because of these, I would like to inform you that a new paper clearly showing (a) which faults and how can activate in the different compressional stress regimes and (b) how heterogeneous fault-slip data driven by compressional stress regimes can be separated into different homogeneous groups characterized by a geometric, kinematic and dynamic compatibility is now available online from the Tectonophysics journal (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0040195113005088).
The paper is entitled: “The TR method: the use of slip preference to separate heterogeneous fault-slip data in compressional stress regimes. The surface rupture of the 1999 Chi-Chi Taiwan earthquake as a case study”.
Also, it deals with one equally interesting issue which is the stress partitioning. In particular, in the paper where the fault-slip data associated with the surface rupture of the 1999 Chi-Chi earthquake are used as an example, the (spatial) stress partitioning caused by the influence of the activated fault structures themselves on the stress regime can be easily defined by the use of the TR method.

Believing that it worths yours interest my best regards.

Markos

Dr. Markos D. Tranos
Assistant Professor
Structural Geology-Neotectonics & Geological Mapping
Department of Geology
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
GR-54124 Thessaloniki
Hellas (Greece)