I know!

I'll be making the point to organisers (as I have done before) that the
conference heavily favours delegates whose institutions can pay for them to
attend, which gives the whole conference a bias. Perhaps in future years
they will have a freelancers' rate.

Send me your ideas about freelancing though, and I can include your views
in the session, along with your name.

Thanks

Rebecca.

--