Why do you want to transform it to NIFTI?
You can use the GIFTI file directly in probtrackx.  If you want to "visualise" the GIFTI file, then you need to use a surface viewer like Workbench. Alternatively, you can resample the surface file onto voxels using surf2volume, which will make up a NIFTI file that you can view with FSLview.

Saad

On 27 Sep 2013, at 17:12, Stefano Delli Pizzi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks Saad.

A last question (hopefully). I have obtained a GII file. How can I trasfom it to NII.GZ? And I should apply surf2surf command?

Stefano

----Messaggio originale----
Da: [log in to unmask]
Data: 27-set-2013 17.37
A: <[log in to unmask]>
Ogg: Re: [FSL] Where are and what are the input surface for label2surf

Hi

I've updated the wiki page to make this clearer (hopefully). See https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FDT/UserGuide#Label_files

Cheers,
Saad.

On 27 Sep 2013, at 16:23, Stefano <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi list,

I'd like to transform cortical label form FS to FSL.

I'm running this command:

label2surf -s <surface> -o <outputsurface> -l <labels>

      -s,--surf       input surface
      -o,--out        output surface
      -l,--labels     ascii list of label files

I have .label files previously created with mri_annotatiion2label, but where are and what are the input surface?

I have ask an help to FS list but they have the same difficult to understand this command.

Thanks,

Stefano

--
Saad Jbabdi