Hi everybody,

    I did a comparison between Autism and control people in Resting-state (using ICA).
I also did a VBM analysis.
I found one region which shows a GM difference between the 2 groups.

I wanted to know how can I use this region to show whether this GM difference affects my Resting State Analysis on each ICs of interest ?

    Otherwise, I thought to add for each subject the GM volume as a covariate (as I had ever done with age, and IQ) in the final statistical analysis.

But I have 2 Ideas to do that :

1 - I just take, for each subject, the *_struc_brain_pveseg image (output from VBM) and I look how many voxels are in the GM (just looking the histogram : intensity = 2) and then I center mean to finally put that in my design in Randomise

2 - I multiply the volume of the general GM of all the subjects (GM_mask in VBM stats) by the mean of the values in the smoothed registered GM (e.g GM_mod_merg_s3) inside the GM (GM_mask) for each subject.

Which one do you advise me to take (if they are correct) ?