Hello,

I have an idea of why my flirt command is not properly registering the flitered_func data to the standard, but not sure what to do about it.

Looking at the log report file of groupwise melodic output each subject was successfully registered when I used a 3 step registration process to get each subjects func_data registered to the standard in a subset test group.

In the Melodic GUI registration, I used the settings:

1. Expanded structural image:  mean_func.nii.gz  (subject specific, Normal search, 6 dof)
2. Main structural image:  T1W_brain (subject specific, normal search, BBR),
3. Standard space:  MNI152_T1_2mm_brain (normal search, 12 dof, resampling 4 mm)

This seamed to work, better than past variations.  When I look at the report log output from this melodic run, though, I don't really see how the mean_func was used, although did see the registration images with tight red lines around it.  But do see the  two flirt commands, one for the highres (T1W_brain) and the other for the functional data.

When do the highres2standard.mat and example_func2standard.mat images get created?  If in my case melodic is calling these images from the individual's prior .ica run file, then "standard" would be referring to the T1W_brain subject image, because I did not register to an actual standard (MNI) during the subject specific Melodic runs.

Thank you for clarifying,
Varina