Hi Hamzah,

Covariates are added to taken out the variance caused by these covariates.  So you can conclude difference in FA between your patient group and control group is not due to age or performance.

Example:
Your design.mat file:
/NumWaves is your column number.
/NumPoints is your row number.
Below it is a simple example with 3 patients and 3 controls, column 3 is your age (demeaned)  column 4 is your response time (demeaned),  about if you need to demean, please see the link: http://mumford.fmripower.org/mean_centering/

design.mat
/NumWaves 4
/NumPoints 6
/Matrix
1	0	-9.904762 	-1.0199608534
1	0	-3.904762 	0.4074364068
1	0	1.095238 	-1.4254403055
0	1	-1.904762 	-1.9898238671
0	1	-6.904762 	1.6485322973
0	1	0.095238 	0.8786692836

Then, design contrast file:
/ContrastName1 "name your contrast"

Example:
design.con
 /ContrastName1  "patient_vs_control"
/ContrastName2  "control_vs_patient"
/NumWaves 4
/NumContrasts 2
/Matrix
1	-1	0	0
-1	1	0	0

Command:
randomise -i all_FA_skeletonised -o tbss -m mean_FA_skeleton_mask -d design.mat -t design.con -n 500 --T2

see:  http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/TBSS/UserGuide

Hope this is helpful to you.