Sent: 11 September 2013 10:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: EAL

Elaine / Anna

We have also started to migrate to EAL from C&G for a number of qualifications and have had the same experience. Their systems are, errrrr, interesting. Why there is a separation between the SAP and Smartertouch is beyond me, as is their insistence on a member of the teaching team being the lead contact and having the high level access rights.

Their qualifications are very flexible and allow the learners to customise them to their needs, hence you need to be firm with the Tutors and insist on them telling you which units to enter the students for. The good news is that you can change them later if the learner's needs change.

The lack of EDI integration is as per normal with smaller AOs, a pain in the backside.

The onscreen testing works well apart from the lack of EDI integration and the fact that they are not all "on-demand".

We are still awaiting DCS so at present claiming is very slow and we have to pay for an EV for each student - painfull with roll-on-roll-off Apprentices as opposed to academic year cohorts.

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Buck

Exams Co-ordinator

Herefordshire & Ludlow College

DDI: 01432 365315

Int: x315

Group Email: [log in to unmask]

Please remind students that NO Mobile Phones, iPods, MP3/4 players, or any device with electronic storage are to be taken into examination rooms, and that Photo ID has to be shown for all examinations

>>> Grantham Anna <[log in to unmask]> 9/11/2013 7:55 am >>>

Hi Elaine

I have also just had this land on my plate!  I haven't done any registrations or anything yet - just got the authorisation to be a centre for them.  I've met the EV (very nice man) and had loads of correspondence come through but with a forthcoming exam season, estimated entries, marksheets, EARS .... I haven't had the time to sit uninterrupted to read any of it.   If you get any actual and positive info - can you pass it on.   We have also just changed from SIMS to Bromcom and guess when my training is - 24 September providing no one else from the place gets in before me, so I could end up missing out altogether and when I phone for help they tell me that because I haven't had my training yet, they cant support me!

Sorry for ranting so early in the morning but I'm not having a good day and the Tesco checkout looks very promising - at least I would be able to put the till is closed sign up and pretend I am busy!

Anna

Mrs Anna Grantham

Examinations Officer

Hinchingbrooke School