I’m going to paste this quote on the exams office wall! Absolutely perfect!!!! J

Sent: 19 September 2013 10:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: BTEC REGISTRATIONS

Sue

We run a very similar system to Colin which works excellently up to a point.

To quote Donald Rumsfeld

"There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns - there are things we do not know we don't know."

It is the latter that cause us problems - Tutors running courses that are not correctly enrolled onto that Learning Aim or snuck on (often part way through the year) without being reported to us so that we don't know that we should be looking for the learning aim.

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Buck

Exams Co-ordinator

Herefordshire & Ludlow College

DDI: 01432 365315

Int: x315

Group Email: [log in to unmask]

Please remind students that NO Mobile Phones, iPods, MP3/4 players, or any device with electronic storage are to be taken into examination rooms, and that Photo ID has to be shown for all examinations

>>> Colin Humphreys <[log in to unmask]> 9/19/2013 10:08 am >>>

Hi Sue,

We have a back-end report that produces class lists by course/subject/Awarding Body.  We forward electronically to tutors and request they're returned (completed) showing BTEC Programme number.  They are informed that if anyone from their class is missing from the list - that is due to them not being enrolled and they need to get that sorted with MIS.

We do not accept hand-written names on the forms.  They are warned that late submission will attract a late fee attributable to the department, heads of which will be informed as it comes out of their budget.

We use the same report to transfer information onto an e-SA1 and upload to BTEC (this gives us the opportunity to sort into alphabetical order - a real boon when the certificates come back).

Regards,

Colin Humphreys

Rheolwr Cofrestru ac Asesu /Registrations and Assessments Manager

EMIS

Coleg y Cymoedd

Ffon/Tel:

Rhif Uniongyrchol/Direct Line: 01443 663242

Ffacs/Fax: 01443 663228

Ebost/email: [log in to unmask]