We always deal with HE intuitions directly – it may just be our students but a lot of HE admissions departments seem to be less than helpful if there are any hiccups in the admission process – and students need all the help that they can get.

Best regards

Chris

Sent: 16 September 2013 07:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Certification/results queries for HE applicants

Hi All

I’m trying to get a feel for how many of you are involved in providing information to HE institutions for applicants if there’s an issue at the awarding body (or college!) end.

For instance, if a certificate hasn’t arrived by the time that an HE institution has requested it, or a City and Guilds result hasn’t passed from e-volve to Walled Garden, what do you do on behalf of the candidate?  Do you have direct contact with HE Admissions or is this something another Department/the curriculum area deals with?

Sorry for all the questions – at Oaklands the Exams Dept pursues all of the necessary documentation and contacts the HE institution directly – I’m presenting this as a strength on our Departmental self-assessment report but wanted to get a comparison with other general FE colleges and schools.

Thanks!

Lorna Willmott
Exams and Achievement Manager
Oaklands College,
St Albans Campus (Smallford) , Hatfield Road, St Albans , Hertfordshire , AL4 0JA , United Kingdom
Switchboard: (+44) (0)1727 737 000 , DDI: (+44) (0)1727 737078 , Mobile:
WWW: http://www.oaklands.ac.uk

Oaklands College - Unlock Your Potential

Visit: www.newham.ac.uk

Like: www.facebook.com/NewhamCollege

Follow: twitter.com/NewhamCollege

Watch: www.youtube.com/NewhamCollegeVideos

Being the Best: Believe it! Achieve it! With Newham College London.

Enrol now by calling 020 8257 4446 or Text: enrol to 07624 805 993

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.