Hi

We don't have many requests but in such cases we email/fax info to unis.
I see this as an exams role.

Julie

From: Lorna Willmott [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 07:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Certification/results queries for HE applicants

Hi All

I’m trying to get a feel for how many of you are involved in providing information to HE institutions for applicants if there’s an issue at the awarding body (or college!) end.

For instance, if a certificate hasn’t arrived by the time that an HE institution has requested it, or a City and Guilds result hasn’t passed from e-volve to Walled Garden, what do you do on behalf of the candidate?  Do you have direct contact with HE Admissions or is this something another Department/the curriculum area deals with?

Sorry for all the questions – at Oaklands the Exams Dept pursues all of the necessary documentation and contacts the HE institution directly – I’m presenting this as a strength on our Departmental self-assessment report but wanted to get a comparison with other general FE colleges and schools.

Thanks!

Lorna Willmott
Exams and Achievement Manager
Oaklands College,
St Albans Campus (Smallford) , Hatfield Road, St Albans , Hertfordshire , AL4 0JA , United Kingdom
Switchboard: (+44) (0)1727 737 000 , DDI: (+44) (0)1727 737078 , Mobile:
WWW: http://www.oaklands.ac.uk

Oaklands College - Unlock Your Potential

West Herts College Logo Ofsted Outstanding Logo

Legally privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee(s) legally indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by West Herts College unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message. Please note that neither West Herts College nor I accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

  ­­