**Apologies for any cross-posting**

Dear fellow social researchers,

Spectacle are an award-winning documentary production company based in London offering affordable hands-on training in digital video production, Final Cut Pro editing and more. We particularly invite you to join us for our upcoming Digital Video Production for Social Researchers & Anthropologists intensive weekend training course with emphasis on filming and interview techniques that will enhance the quality and academic validity of filmed fieldwork material. This is a practical workshop that will also explore issues of ethics, consent and participatory practice. The short, condensed and effective course will give all participants a solid foundation of practical knowledge and a working understanding of digital cameras, sound recording, interview techniques, filming on location, working in the field, editing in the field and industry language.

"Really focused and accessible for someone with no prior knowledge."

              - Dr Dawn Lyon, Senior Lecturer in Sociology, University of Kent

"Convinced me that I can and should use film in my work. I can wholeheartedly recommend it."

             - Kate Wood, current MA student Material & Visual Culture, Department of Anthropology, University College London

Our next digital production courses for social researchers are scheduled for:

Saturday & Sunday 14-15 September 2013 10:00-16:00
Saturday & Sunday 19-20 October 2013 10:00-16:00
Saturday & Sunday 16-17 November 2013 10:00-16:00
Saturday & Sunday 7-8 December 2013 10:00-16:00

Final Cut Pro editing weekend, weekday and evening training courses:

You could take advantage of our 15% discount for multiple bookings and dovetail your digital production training with a Final Cut Pro editing course.  The short, condensed and effective course will give all participants a solid foundation of practical knowledge and a working understanding of editing software, from importing, marking, logging and editing, to adding soundtracks and effects. Our next 4-evening course starts on Thursday 12th September:

4 Week Course

Thursday 12 September 2013 19:00-21:30
Thursday 19 September 2013 19:00-21:30
Thursday 26 September 2013 19:00-21:30
Thursday 3 October 2013 19:00-21:30

**Spectacle offer group booking discounts for all courses: 3 - 5 people 10% discount, 6+ 20% discount** We also offer concessionary rates for the unemployed and full-time students. You can find more information regarding all courses, including fees and specifics, on our website: http://www.spectacle.co.uk/projects_page.php?id=190 and through our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/spectacletraining?fref=ts

More about Spectacle:

Mark Saunders is the founder, director and tutor of Spectacle, which is an award-winning, independent, documentary production company and his expertise in the field spans over two decades. His films have been broadcast internationally and exhibited at galleries including Tate Britain, the National Film Theatre, the Institute of Contemporary Art and more. Alongside production work, Mark has also been teaching for over 15 years, and he has been a visiting lecturer at a number of institutions, including London School of Economics, the Royal College of Art, Bournemouth, Florence and Coventry Universities. He is currently teaching at Birkbeck College and the London College of Communications.

If you wish to know more about Spectacle's work, or have any queries, please contact us. We look forward to seeing you on the course!

Irma & the Spectacle Team

Irma Allen (MA Social Anthropology candidate at Goldsmiths, University of London)
Marketing Assistant
spectacle
No 25
99-109 Lavender Hill