Dear members,

Please can you assist us with a key piece of research to inform important developments for the FE and Skills sector – please share the request below widely to colleagues who work in the FE and Skills Sector.

We have been asked (as you know) by BIS to survey FE practitioners again, using the Digital Practitioner Survey used by LSIS in 2011 and 2012.

The Survey takes a particular approach, that was well received last time, to evaluating how teachers are working with technology and their level of confidence in doing so, rather than listing knowledge of processes and technology recognition.

The Survey results and opinions expressed will feed into the much wider work of the Skills Minister's FE Learning Technology Action Group (FELTAG), which will influence policy and decision-making on the application of technology in Further Education.

The advisory group has asked for the research to be carried out and report completed by the end of September so we are asking for your help in promoting survey completion with your colleagues. We have to start on analysis after the 24th September.

The research is being supervised by the Institute of Education. It is also supported by the AOC

Probably the worst time of the year to be asking for this, but given the potential importance of the survey I hope you can circulate the link to all of your colleagues and encourage them to participate.

I wanted to make sure you had a direct request to contribute as we have worked together  before.

The link to the survey is - http://tinyurl.com/FEteaching13

There is an opening statement covering the purpose of the survey, data protection and anonymity.

If you need any further information, please contact Geoff Rebbeck at [log in to unmask] .

Thanks in advance for your help with this work.

Best regards,

Sarah

Jisc

Sarah Knight
Programme Manager: e-Learning

M 077 477 679 44
Skype Sarahkjisc
Twitter @sarahknight
One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 882 5529 90. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800. jisc.ac.uk