As earlier announced, the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University (CASBS) is now accepting applications for residential fellowships during the 2014-2015 academic year.   Online applications will be accepted at the Center’s website through October 3, 2013 for the 2014-2015 residential fellowship program year.  For more information, guidelines, and application requirements, visit our website at http://www.casbs.org/apply-fellowships.

This sabbatical fellowship provides an excellent opportunity for faculty to pursue priority research and expand their horizons while engaging in a diverse, interdisciplinary community.  CASBS offers a supportive, stimulating, and peaceful environment.  A CASBS fellowship award has been considered a career milestone for any scholar, and most recipients report that the year had a transformative effect on their scholarship.

As part of our fellowship program for 2014-2015, the Millennium Alliance for Humanity and the Biosphere (mahb.standard.edu) is seeking a CASBS Fellow who wishes to address the gap between society’s knowledge of the social and economic impacts of environmental degradation and the failure to act. The MAHB seeks to further an understanding of Foresight Intelligence, which is the institutional, individual and social behavior essential for a more equitable and sustainable future.

Although not required, we are especially interested in hosting individuals and groups whose work would fit into one of several broad themes:

If a future year would work better for you, please check our website in March of the year before that year (e.g., March 2014 for the 2015-16 fellowship year).  Should you have any questions about our fellowship program that aren't answered on our website, please contact Cynthia Pilch, the Fellowship Program Manager, at [log in to unmask].

Sincerely,

Iris F. Litt, M.D.                              Sally Schroeder
Director                                          Associate Director

Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University
75 Alta Road, Stanford CA  94305
tel: 650-736-0100    web:  www.casbs.org