From: SCUDD List at JISC [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Jane Bacon [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 26 September 2013 10:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: reminder

A FRIENDLY REMINDER: if you click REPLY to this email, you will be sending an email to over 2500 subscribers. Please do so only if you wish to respond to everyone.

A reminder about our upcoming event in Chichester. Please note registration and payment deadline is now 25th Oct. We only have a few places left.

Moving and Experiencing

Somatics in theory and practice

Sat, 9th Nov, 2013

University of Chichester

This day of talks, workshops and performances promises to be the start of something exciting. Our aim is to bring together a range of professionals working in the field of somatic practices and arts-making in a series of research events to deepen our knowledge and practice, enabling new connections and possibilities. In this first event, we will run a series of taster workshops, show new dance performance research and offer a keynote talk on the mystical in somatic practices. Each workshop will be an introduction to a particular way of a working and we encourage participation in all the workshops in order to facilitate a deep and embodied awareness of the connections embedded in these practices. This embodied knowledge will then fuel our discussions about similarities, possible links, and differences. We hope this way of sharing our practices will give rise to deeper understandings amongst the respective practices as well as providing a meaningful experience for those considering a career in somatic practices.

This group of practitioners has been selected to make an initial offering to a further enquiry into the depth and breadth of dance and somatic practices both in and beyond Higher Education. We hope to run a series of these events and so if you are interested in offering a workshop for a  a future event please contact [log in to unmask]

Programme of Events

(Note: each workshop is intended to be a taster and will include a short discussion. In addition there will be opportunity for cross-workshop discussion in both the morning and afternoon)

9.00-9.30                 Coffee and registration

9.30 – 9.45              Introduction - Professor Jane Bacon  (University of Chichester)

9.45- 10.30              Workshop 1 – Linda Hartley, Institute of Integrative Bodywork and Movement Therapy (IBMT

10.30-11.15             Workshop 2 -  Sharna Travers Smith, University of Chichester (Body-Mind Centeringâ)

11.15-11.30             Coffee/tea

11.30-12.15             Workshop 3 -  Dr. Jill Hayes, University of Chichester, (Dance Movement Psychotherapy)

12.15-1.00               Discussion

1.00-2.15                  Lunch

(During lunch there will be a performance showing by Detta Howe and Cai Tomas – 1.30-2.00, Dance Studio 1)

2.15-2.45                  Keynote Lecture  - Amanda Williamson, Visiting Fellow, University of Chichester (Mystical/Spiritual in Somatic practices)

2.45-3.30                  Workshop 4 - Prof Jane Bacon, University of Chichester, (Authentic Movement)

3.30-4.15                  Workshop 5 - Lian Wilson, Tamalpa UK (Life Art Process)

4.15-5.00                  Tea and Discussion

To book your place: please email  [log in to unmask] and send a cheque made payable to University of Chichester and send to Sue Francis, University of Chichester, Bishop Otter Campus, College Lane, Chichester, PO19 6PE

Cost: £55 waged, £35 unwaged

PLEASE NOTE: We cannot hold your place without full payment no later than 25th Oct, 2013.

--
Jane Bacon, PhD
Professor, Dance, Performance and Somatics

Director: Choreographic Lab
Editor: Choreographic Practices

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee only and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender as soon as practicable and delete the e-mail from the system. The University of Chichester is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 4740553. The registered office is College Lane, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 6PE. ______________ To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list ______________
______________ To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list ______________