A FRIENDLY REMINDER: if you click REPLY to this email, you will be sending an email to over 2500 subscribers. Please do so only if you wish to respond to everyone.

Dear colleagues, please find below details of an upcoming conference on Shakespeare at the Rose Theatre, Bankside, on 30 September at 6pm. For bookings, please visit http://www.rosetheatre.org.uk/events/event/the-international-voice-in-shakespeare-on-the-london-stage/ and see our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/677773855584355/?ref=br_tf.

With best wishes,

Enza

Dr Enza De Francisci

Teaching Assistant

Department of Italian

School of European Languages, Culture and Society

University College London

Gower Street

WC1E 6BT

THE INTERNATIONAL VOICE IN SHAKESPEARE

ON THE LONDON STAGE

Monday 30 September 2013 18:00-21:00

18:00 Welcoming Speech

Enza De Francisci (Convenor)

18:05 ‘Some rare noteworthy object in thy travel’

Shakespeare’s Italy and Early Modern Travel Writing

Chris Stamakatis (English)

18:25 Giovanni Grasso: The ‘Other’ Othello in London

Enza De Francisci (Italian)

18:45 Othello: A Case of Split Personality

Adapted by Roberto Cavosi

Translated by Loredana Ottomano

Performed by Marco Gambino

19:00 Linguistic Aspects of the First Hebrew Shakespeare Translations

Lily Kahn (Hebrew and Jewish Studies)

19:20 WERE I HUMAN: Prospero’s Shadow Side and Internet Snooping

A One (Wo)man Show based on The Tempest

Adapted and Directed by Terry d'Alfonso

Performed by Diana Berriman and Simonetta Allder

19:40 Shakespeare and Surtitles: Toneelgroep’s Roman Tragedies in London

Geraldine Brodie (Dutch)

20:00 Round-Table Discussion:

Translating, Transporting and Transposing Shakespeare

Chair: Rene Weis (English) and Florian Mussgnug (Italian)

20:30 Closing Remarks

Enza De Francisci

This conference is generously supported by the Mazzini Garibaldi Charitable Foundation.

With special thanks to The Italian Institute of Culture and The Italian Bookshop

______________ To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list ______________