~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Colleagues,

The early-bird rate for the New Visions on Dance symposium on 12th October will end this Friday 27 September. Please visit our Eventbrite page to book tickets:

http://newvisionsondance.eventbrite.co.uk/

Organised by the Society for Dance Research in collaboration with Dance at Middlesex and Dance HE, this one-day symposium seeks to testify to and anticipate the exciting new directions of dance scholarship and performance practice reflected in current research by doctoral candidates and early-career academics. We expect the discussions to explore how dance can create fluid and confronting intersections and interactions that (re)define and transform theoretical, methodological and performance frameworks. We expressly aim to foster and promote high-quality interdisciplinary research on dance both as a subject of theoretical enquiry and a practised art form. We aim to promote an informal atmosphere which fosters an inter-collegial exchange of perspectives.

The symposium will feature a keynote speech by Professor Christopher Bannerman, director of ResCen, an introduction to academic publishing by Professor Vida Midgelow, co-editor of Choreographic Practices, and a talk on 'Entering the Academy' by Dr. Fiona Bannon, Chair of Dance HE. A performance workshop led by performance and installation artist Richard Layzell, free to delegates, will round off the day. This will explore the dualities of the inner and the outer voice, innocence and improvisation, the present and the past, space and presence, humour and stillness. (Please note that there is only a limited number of places still available).

Fee:

Society for Dance Research members: Free entry to event

Waged: early-bird £15 before 27 September, £20 thereafter

Unwaged: early-bird £10 before 27 September, £15 thereafter

If you are interested in becoming a member of SDR (£27 unwaged / £40 waged), please complete this application form<http://www.euppublishing.com/userimages/ContentEditor/1365513147266/SDR_New_Member_Form_2013.doc> and send it to Edinburgh University Press. If you decide to become a member at the end of the event, we will deduct this sum from your membership fee.

Lunch Ticket: £4 The Society for Dance Research subsidises this lunch to stimulate networking in the dance research community. If you would like to attend the lunch, you must purchase a ticket. Alternative food options on campus may be limited on a Saturday; however, delegates are welcome to bring a packed lunch.

Venue: Grove Theatre, Middlesex University, Hendon Campus, The Burroughs, London NW4 4BT Click here<http://www.mdx.ac.uk/aboutus/Location/hendon/directions/index.aspx> for location details of Middlesex University's Hendon campus.

Please note the deadline for applications of presentations has now closed.

Registration and sale of tickets for this event will close on Monday 7 October.

For enquiries, please contact Dr. Alexandra Kolb on [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]:[log in to unmask]>>.

Dr Lise Uytterhoeven
SDR Membership Secretary

To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list