~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear SCUDD list,

I am delighted to announce a range of important and exciting events happening at York St John University on 4th and 5th October 2013. We welcome a range of international guests including Astrid Schmetterling, Arnold Dreyblatt, Sxip Shirey, Trevor Wishart, and Professor Petra Maria Meyer.

I am co-hosting in partnership with the Norwegian Theatre Academy; an international seminar entitled Infinite Record: Archive, Memory, Performance, and this is our 2nd seminar in a 3-year international series, with October's events revolving around the theme of Resonance and the Archive.  The seminar is for invited international partners and guests but I have arranged for some of the events to be opened out to the public on a first come first serve basis. If you would like a place then you can book through Event Bright by clicking on the links below.  All bookable events are free but you will need to find your own accommodation (if you are traveling to an event, and arrange your own transport and food).  If you book a place on one or more of the events please make sure that you use your ticket as there is a limited ceiling capacity for all performances and presentations. You are advised to book early to avoid disappointment.

Details for booking are listed below; any questions, do not hesitate to contact me - Claire Hind at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>   Hope to see you there! Claire

Astrid Schmetterling:
Friday 4th October at 3.15pm, Quad South Hall.
Astrid is a Senior Lecturer in Visual Cultures at Goldsmiths, University of London and is offering a Lecture on Uriel Orlow's unmade film: A Multidirectional Archive for Palestinian and Israeli Traumatic Memory. More information and booking:  https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/8384184321

Arnold Dreyblatt
Friday 4th October Quad South Hall. 4.30pm
Arnold Dreyblatt is an American media artist and composer based in Berlin. Arnold will deliver a presentation on the recent residency undertaken at the Norwegian Theatre Academy involving the use of public display spaces in Fredrikstad to function as public interactive platform for meetings, performance and installations. More information and booking: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/8319450701

Sxip Shirey: Friday 4th October at 9.30pm. The Basement Bar at City Screen, Coney Street York. Gene "Sxip" Shirey is an American electric-acoustic composer, performer, and story-teller. He will perform a one man show of sonic stories. Using original sounds, Shirey draws from a range of sonic memories, experiences and janky beats to conjure up this evening of live works. More information and booking https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/8349151537

Trevor Wishart: Saturday 5th October Temple Hall 12.00 pm (arrive 15 minutes early).
Trevor Wishart presents: Encounters in the Republic of Heaven. Saturday 5th October at York St John University, space: Temple Hall 12.00 pm (arrive 15 minutes early).
Encounters in the Republic of Heaven is an 8-channel sound-surround piece based on speaking voices recorded in the North East of England. More information and booking: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/8349191657

Professor Petra Maria Meyer
Saturday 5th October 5.45 pm beginning in Quad south Hall and moving into Temple Hall.
Petra is a professor of cultural and media studies at the Muthesius Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Kiel and will present a 30-minute 6 channel sound installation: L'ÉPHÉMÈRE EST ÉTERNEL inspired by the framework of the symposium "Ephemer" which Petra Maria Meyer organised from 5th to 8th of July 2012 in Kiel.  More information and booking: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/8349269891

Dr Claire Hind
Course Leader, MA in Theatre and Performance
York St John University
Lord Mayors Walk
York
YO317EX
http://garyandclaire.com
http://clairehind.com/
http://writingencounters.squarespace.com
http://yorknewyork.blogspot.com

This email and any files transmitted with it were intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know by return.

Please think before you print.

To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list