A FRIENDLY REMINDER: if you click REPLY to this email, you will be sending an email to over 2500 subscribers. Please do so only if you wish to respond to everyone.

Dear all.

Just a further reminder of imminent Shakespeare-channelling-Kent-barn-based ensemble windmill tilting.....with music......

Imagine if Don Quixote had read and digested not just chivalric romances but also the Complete Works.........and then taken possession of an itinerant physical theatre ensemble hanging out in an agricultural outhouse in Southern England  refurbished as a performance space.  Or if you find that difficult, these performances will do it for you.  All flippancy aside - this project has been long in gestation and the previous work of this ensemble I've found compelling and original (I speak as someone not directly involved).

Contact: Amanda Collins

Mobile: 07914209164/07787446371

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.bredinthebone.co.uk

BRED IN THE BONE THEATRE COMPANY

proudly presents

21  WINDMILLS

‘he was my friend, faithful and just to me’

At The Quadrangle, Shoreham, Kent,

26th, 27th at 5pm & 28th September 2013 at 7pm

A story of windmills, madness, laughter and hanging clothes, as the spirits of two great European writers - Shakespeare and Cervantes - unite in the dramatic telling of a single inspired story. A performance with live music combining the best of the European physical ensemble and UK text traditions, from award-winning company Bred in the Bone realized in the stunning location of a converted barn in Kent.

21 WINDMILLS is the story of Don Quixote set in the present day somewhere in Europe.  Our Shakespeare-obsessed hero dreams of a world of poetry and imagination and yearns for a reality far, far away from the screens of our modern life.  The dream takes over, and through the language of Shakespeare Don Quixote learns the meaning of friendship and that the real adventures lie within and between us.

Bred In The Bone is a permanent performance and training ensemble based in the UK and drawing together theatre makers from 10 different countries in Europe and beyond, each dedicated to sharing their individual theatre traditions to make innovative new work. Productions are developed through the company’s own unique training method that has also been training actors with great success internationally since 2009.  Based in Brighton, the company has toured

its award-winning 11-production repertoire to Poland, France, Spain, Iceland and Greece, giving workshops and master-classes along the way, and was invited to perform Unreal City, based on T.S. Eliot’s The Wasteland, at the prestigious European Theatre Prize and Grotowski Year festivals in Wroclaw Poland in 2009.

21 WINDMILLS is the result of three years of research and development looking to adapt this European masterwork into theatre form using the specific musicality of Shakespeare’s text and the company’s own unique development and performance methodology.

--- ENDS ---

Colin Ellwood

Programme Director

Rose Bruford College

Lamorbey Park Campus, Burnt Oak Lane, Sidcup, Kent.  DA15 9DF. UK

t +44(0)20 8308 2600 | f +44(0)20 8308 0542 | ddi +44(0)20 8308 2676 |

______________ To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list ______________

______________ To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit www.scudd.org.uk/list ______________