From: CCP4 bulletin board [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Nicolas Soler [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 5:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] tNCS: indexing and EP problems

Dear experts,

I am dealing at the moment with a case involving translated NCS copies
of my asymmetric unit along one axis of the unit cell (3 clear
non-origin peaks in the native Patterson).

I could get Mosflm to find the corresponding big unit cell only after
restricting the "max deviation from integral hkl" parameter to 0.1 and
thus get the majority of the spots under prediction boxes (although the
cell parameters don't look very accurate sometimes).

I have 2 questions about it :

1) Do you know whether it would be possible to configure XDS the same
way, to make it find this enlarged unit cell ? (no success so far...)

2) Are you aware of any experimental phasing program making use of the
information provided by the Patterson for finding the substructure?

Many thanks in advance,

Nicolas