*Postdoc position in Structural Biology at University of Bayreuth*

We are currently looking for a highly motivated postdoc for our
laboratory at the Dept. of Biochemistry at University Bayreuth, Germany.
Our work involves biochemical and structural studies on cellular
signalling systems with relevance to aging mechanisms and aging-related
diseases. Research projects will focus on biochemical and structural
studies on either cyclic nucleotide signalling or deacylases of the
Sirtuin family (for related publications, see JMB 382, 790-801; PNAS
105, 5705-9; PNAS 105, 15720-5; JMB 362, 623-39; NSMB 12, 32-7).

The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, with a strong background
in protein biochemistry and protein crystallography. Experience in
standard molecular biology techniques and in the basics of managing a
scientific project is expected.

We offer excellent research opportunities and a stimulating environment
for structural biology. Our laboratory is located in a new building at
the University of Bayreuth and equipped with state-of-the-art
laboratories for protein biochemistry, x-ray crystallography, and mass
spectrometry.

Applications (including CV with publication list, research experience,
PhD certificate, transcripts, and two names and contact information for
references) should be sent as PDF or by mail to

/Prof. Dr. Clemens Steegborn /

/University of Bayreuth /

/Dept. Biochemistry, NW III
Universitaetsstr. 30