dear colleagues,

we are about to revive two rhombix plate hotels that have not been used in a
while.

since thermo is not offereing service anymore, this will be quite an interesting
task, but we do have some help and i think we should be able to manage.

current users seem to still have support through 2014 from thermo, but my
understanding is, that that will pretty much be it, and from then on everybody
will be on their own.

there used to be a rhombix users group on yahoo with not much traffic, since, as
it seems, once the machines are running, they are running, and that's it. they
seem to be rather reliable.

nevertheless, i would like to re-start such a group, as a forum to receive or
offer help where thermo will not. also, hardware and spares may become an issue
in the future, and it might be good to know, when spare parts might become
available, where a unit simply will have to be let go.

it would be nice to host a mailing list on jiscmail, so it would be where ccp4
and coot are at home. but i would not be in a position to start one there, i
understand. i'd be happy to set up a group on groupspaces (allows up to 50
members), or, in the unlikely evemt that demand became overwhelming, on yahoo,
and invite anybody interested.

if you would share this interest in becoming networked regarding the rhombix
units, please send me an e-mail to [log in to unmask] (... and spare the
ccp4bb unnecessary traffic).

greetings

ingo