*Apologies for cross posting*

Publishing from your Sociology PhD
Friday 20 September 2013; 10:00-15:00
BSA Meeting Room, London

A workshop for early career researchers and PhD students run by Rachel Brooks and Paul Hodkinson, editors of Sociological Research Online

Getting your work published is an essential part of academic life. This workshop, run by the editors of Sociological Research Online (SRO), will offer a friendly and supportive forum in which to find out more about how academic journals work and how to increase your chances of getting published. The workshop will cover: Deciding what to publish and where Understanding the journal process: from submission to publication What makes a good journal article: tips and guidance Books and chapters in books Book reviews, blogs and other forms of publication.

SRO publishes high quality, fully peer-reviewed articles across the spectrum of current sociology. An innovative, online-only journal affiliated to the BSA, we reach a wide international readership, have fast turnaround times and encourage integration of audio, video and images, as well as welcoming text-only contributions. We also publish special sections and rapid response articles which address current issues in sociology and the public arena.

Registration Fees
BSA Members £15
Non-Members £25

Please note that places are limited and are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Further details: www.britsoc.co.uk/events/key-bsa-events.aspx
Online registration: http://portal.britsoc.co.uk/public/event/eventBooking.aspx?id=EVT10299
Join the BSA: www.britsoc.co.uk/join
Enquiries: E: [log in to unmask] or T: (0191) 383 0839.