We are happy to announce this year’s AVA Christmas Meeting which will take place at the University of Leuven in Belgium from the 19th to the 20th of December, 2013.

This year’s keynote speakers are:

Geraint Rees (UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience)

Raymond van Ee (Philips Research Laboratories)

Patrick Cavanagh (Université Paris Descartes)

Vision scientists are invited to submit abstracts on any topic on visual perception (please follow the link below). Accepted abstracts will be published in the journal Perception.

Submission deadline for abstracts:  15th November, 2013

Please also have a look at the official website for details about the location and other useful information:

Registration and payment can be made via the AVA website: http://www.theava.net/meetings/xmas2013.html

Colleagues traveling from the UK may wish to know that cheap advance Eurostar tickets for only 70-80 pounds return are currently available.

We look forward to seeing you in Leuven.

Lee de-Wit, Bilge Sayim, Pieter Moors

Details for the abstract submission:
-       Please use the following link to submit your abstract:
-       abstract length: max 250 words
-       abstracts  are peer-reviewed
-       abstracts should cover previously unreported research
-       abstracts must be in the standard format for ECVP/Perception, (examples at http://www.perceptionweb.com)
-       Posters:  The preferred poster format is A0 (portrait).

If you have further questions, please contact one of the local organizers:

Lee de-Wit:  [log in to unmask]
Bilge Sayim: [log in to unmask]
Pieter Moors: [log in to unmask]