The National Archives’ archives sector web resources are constantly developing and evolving. In recent months, we have worked with key partners and experts to develop some new resources for those working in the archives sector and to support archives in responding to Archive Service Accreditation.

We’ve just added the following guidance and tools to help develop services, including many real-life examples drawn from the sector:

·         Understanding your community: a suite of tools and guidance to help you understand the community/communities you serve, develop your offer and demonstrate your impact

In addition, we are continuing to build our collection of case studies. These are examples of recent work by archives that can provide inspiration, ideas and practical pointers for others.

Some highlights among our new case studies relate to audience development and in particular using collections to challenge the perception of archives and attract new audiences:

Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre:  Using archives to inspire the artist

Sandwell Community History and Archives Service:  How d'you know that?

Essex Record Office (ERO):  Challenging the student perception of researching archives

Plymouth and West Devon Record Office:  Archiving the lives of the LGBT community in Plymouth

Irish Traditional Music Archive:  Developing online access for international audiences

If you have a suggestion for a case study showcasing development or good practice in the archives sector, do get in touch via [log in to unmask].

#################

Dr Melinda Haunton
Programme Manager (Accreditation)
+44 (0)20 8392 5330

The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU

nationalarchives.gov.uk

National Archives Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do
not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor
endorsed by it.