From: Donna Surge <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Subject: Sclerochronology session at NAPC
To: [log in to unmask], paleoclimate-list <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: David Goodwin <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues--

David Goodwin and I will be convening a sclerochronology session (details below) at the 10th North American Paleontological Convention to be held in Gainesville, Florida, 15-18 February 2014. We hope you will consider submitting an abstract to the session (submission deadline is 20 September).

New Advances and Applications in Sclerochronology
Sclerochronologic records are obtained from a variety of environments (e.g., low to high latitudes; marine, freshwater, and terrestrial ecosystems), organisms (e.g., molluscs, fish, corals, sponges, etc.), geological ages, and cultural contexts. In turn, these archives are used to address a variety of ecological, evolutionary, environmental, geological, and archaeological questions. This session focuses on new discoveries based on sclerochronologic analysis from a diverse range of disciplines, organisms, environments, and geological ages.

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/napc/

Cheers,

--Donna and David
--
Donna Surge, Associate Professor
University of North Carolina

--
Dr. Suzanne E. Pilaar Birch

Postdoctoral Fellow
Joukowsky Institute for Archaeology & the Ancient World
Brown University
60 George Street, Providence, RI, 02912 USA

Website: brown.academia.edu/SuzannePilaarBirch
Twitter: @suzie_birch