Hi Ania
I have seen drilled horncores in post-medieval tannery waste from London as a result of hanging skins and other examples have nails driven into the bases. Below are a couple of publications reporting similar evidence. Do you have any structures that could be associated with tanning or a bias towards lower-limb bones that would have been left attached to the skins as they are transported to tanneries?  Or is your site near where tanning could have taken place with a good water source and maybe just outside the town because of the smell it creates?
Hope this helps, sorry I won't have email access for the next month but if you have any queries I can get back to you after that. All the best, Lisa

Ervynck, A., Hillewaert, B., Maes, A. and Van Strydonck, M. 2002. Tanning and horn-working at late- and post-medieval Bruges: The organic record. In Murphy, P. and Wiltshire. P. (eds.) The environmental archaeology of industry. pp. 60-70. Oxford: Oxbow Books.

Prummel, W.  1978. Animal bones from tannery pits of 's-Hertogenbosch. Berichten van de rijksdienst voor het oudheidkundig bodemonderzoek 28: 399-422.