Dear Colleague, We are pleased to announce that the latest issue of Transfers - Interdisciplinary Journal of Mobility Studies has been published by Berghahn Journals. The general articles section starts off Hanrahan's essay which investigates the effects and new experiences that became virulent when German radio moved out of the studio to transmit from public spaces. In the second article, Torma analyzes the concepts, images, and requirements of the cinematic exploration of the oceans. In the last article, Kopper differentiates between mobility cultures to explain the weakness of German passenger road mobility. This issue also features our regular sections intended to tap into the more creative and lateral dimensions of mobility scholarship. We also offer our reviews of art, museum, film, and books. Please visit the Berghahn website for more information about the journal: http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/trans Volume 3, Issue 2 Editorial
 Mom, Gijs; Clarsen, Georgine; Millward, Liz; Müller, Dorit; Sheller, Mimi; Weber, Heike http://bit.ly/16xoNir Articles The Mobilization of Weimar Radio Actuality, Microphone, Radio-film
 Hanrahan, Brían http://bit.ly/14wmnCQ Frontiers of Visibility On Diving Mobility in Underwater Films (1920s to 1970s)
 Torma, Franziska http://bit.ly/13Kfg3o Cowboys, Icebergs, and “Outlaws“ The Paradoxes and Possibilities of the Francophone Belgian Road Movie
 Gott, Michael http://bit.ly/12XRrKH No Longer a Phone The Cellphone as an Enabler of Augmented Reality
 Wellner, Galit http://bit.ly/155qXRD Mobile Exceptionalism? Passenger Transport in Interwar Germany
 Kopper, Christopher http://bit.ly/13KfTd6 Ideas in Motion Moralizing Mobility? Persuasive Technologies and the Ethics of Mobility
 Spahn, Andreas http://bit.ly/16s52qL Mobility and Art Labmovel Media Arts on Wheels
 Domschke, Gisela; Bambozzi, Lucas http://bit.ly/17vAVgU Museum Review Museums, Mobility and Material Culture: A Review of Manawatū Journeys Ross, Kirstie http://bit.ly/12XS7jd Film Review Street View: A Corrective to the City From Above in The Pruitt-Igoe Myth http://bit.ly/16s5pBH Book Reviews http://bit.ly/1912fqJ Recommend Transfers to your library Are you unable to access these articles through your library? As a key researcher in your field you can recommend Transfers to your library for subscription. A form for this purpose is provided on the Transfers website: http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/trans/trans_lib.pdf Free Sample Issue View Transfers (Volume 1, Issue 1) here: http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/trans/index.php?pg=sample For additional information, including subscription details as well as submission guidelines, visit http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/trans Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have questions or would like more information. Kind regards, Young Lee Berghahn Journals [log in to unmask]