On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM, Joseph Wang <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Just out of interest, what versions of Tcl/Tk/Itcl etc. are you using? Useful to know if we ever want to update our copies.

Right now stock tk/tcl 8.5 although I'd like to upgrade to 8.6

Not sure, we use an external CFITSIO and GAIA extracts all the WCS handling out of Skycat, so we never really use that code.

Hmmmm.....  Wonder what happens if we just get rid of it.....  I'll find out soon enough :-) :-)

Presumably SkyCat will lose its ability to do world coordinate conversions. Doesn't seem like a good idea. What I don't know is whether Skycat uses stock WCSlib.

AST definitely doesn't.

--
Tim Jenness