Good news, I've got skycat packaged on mageia.  I just commented out the postscript images parts.

A few questions

1) The next step will be to package the libraries that have already been packaged under Debian.  So after that would would be the most useful packages and libraries to package?  Eventually, I'd like to get all of starlink packaged in Mageia, but since we have to go one step at a time, what would be good to do next?

2) How difficult/useful will it be to pull out wcslib from skycat.  It looks like a matter of copying the cfitsio parts of the code.