Just to clarify, no matter what your smoothing is set at in the normalization/registration step. The warped images are not smoothed at all. The smoothing during registration/normalization is get a better match to the template, but has no effect on the smoothness of the images.

Normalization/registration is a separate step from smoothing.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren