Dear SPMers

I have a question concerning DCM. I looked through all posts, but could’nt
find an answer yet. I’m using SPM 8 with DCM 10.

In my fMRI experiment, I have 3 Conditions A, B and C.

For my DCM analysis I want to set up a design matrix with 4 columns:

column 1 : All conditions (A, B and C)

column 2 : condition A

column 3 : condition B

column 4 : condition C

Because column 1 is a linear combination of condition A, B and C, the beta
for this regressor is not uniquely specified, i.e. appears gray in the
estimability. Column 1 seems to be important for the input in the DCM. But
since the parameter estimates are not uniquely specified, I can’t calculate
any F-Contrast.

I did the DCM-tutorial in the SPM manual. In this example the first column
is a linear combination of the condition too, but parameter estimates are
unique. You can see a comparison of the design matrix in the DCM-tutorial
and my design matrix. What am I missing? What do I have to change to do
make f-contrasts possible?

Best regards

Anne