Have you tried MRIConvert/mcverter (http://lcni.uoregon.edu/~jolinda/MRIConvert/)? I would be curious to see whether our program can handle your data.

You could also try dcmtk's dcmdump to see whether it can figure out your data.

Chuck

On 8/16/2013 10:09 AM, John Ashburner wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
If the scanner that the images were collected on was a model from before about 1993, then I'd guess that the files are in some form of the old ACR-NEMA format, possibly with Siemens' SPI extensions. I can't really help with format conversion here, unless you happen to be working on a very ancient Sun SPARC computer from about the same period.  Perhaps some of the software from here could help:

http://www.idoimaging.com/programs?readfmt=4&order=program.percentile

Best regards,
-John