I worked on a segment of Braniac: Science Abuse a long time ago, and
what I found really did depress me. As an outside contractor/expert they
assured me that scientific integrity was paramount. After 3 weeks of
work building an actual food powered rocket that produced useful thrust,
they decided it wasn't enough and faked it for an extra 5mph on a
rocket-bike.

They also refused point blank to put the presenter in any kind of safety
gear WHATSOEVER even though we were using nitrous oxide in an
experimental motor. Anyone who has dealt with hot nitrous knows there is
always a risk of detonation. The production team's wilful ignorance of
the science they were trying to portray even went so far as to simply
ignore the risk assessment for the demonstration I produced.

Jon London

OWL