Ooopps I just saw Don's email and I have not seen the video so perhaps my remarks about IDEO are premature: I retract them quickly.
Jude
From: CHUA Soo Meng Jude (PLS)
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 11:10 PM
To: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in Design
Subject: RE: Design Thinking Unique to Design?

Or must design thinking be unique only in the sense that it is found amongst a certain group of people, say professional designers.  THis latter would be a different claim. IT would mean to say that, whatever it is, and perhaps we do not know what it is, but we are sure it is there in these group of persons.  This means then that we can simply look at what designers do, and replicate that.  IDEO seems to do that: I notice Tim Brown basically sees what processes professional designers go through, adopt that and label that design thinking.  If design thinking is instead the above, then Tim Brown and IDEO could be very wrong. (This is not to attack IDEO: I like IDEO and Tim Brown very much)

National Institute of Education (Singapore) http://www.nie.edu.sg

DISCLAIMER : The information contained in this email, including any attachments, may contain confidential information.
This email is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) listed above. Unauthorised sight, dissemination or any other
use of the information contained in this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email by fault, please
notify the sender and delete it immediately.