Great Question!

David Sibbet's work at the Grove is really worth a look - they have a few
training style materials that might be useful for this
http://www.grove.com/site/index.html

there's been recent interest in this in the ux profession too - as Lilly's
post points out.
practitioner books like the recent Sketchnote Handbook
http://rohdesign.com/book/ pul together a lot of good ideas and tips in a
concise how-to fashion

I've heard great things about Dave Gray's workshops on this topic too
(drawing for the non-drawing set) so maybe one way to kickstart this kind
of practice is to get someone out to train your trainers..?

lots of it points back to the grove though.. :) and, of course, visual
maestros like Bill Verplank!

…and - to keep the ball rolling: maybe the thing you're trying to teach
isn't really visualisation, it's visual thinking…?

hope this helps!
cheers
jy

On 16 August 2013 14:38, Prof M P Ranjan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  My real question is how can we introduce visualisation to non design
> students who do not have skills in drawing? Are there any references that
> you can share or experiences of such actions as I find this a real
> challenge as we go forward. Modelling and visualisation re such an integral
> part of my courses in design thinking and this is a first time for me to
> focus on non design students from commerce, management and the sciences and
> humnities etc.
>
> My suggested references for the course participants include John Heskett,
> John Thackara, Jon Kolko, Roger Martin, Kees Dorst and Bryan Lawson since
> their texts are very accessible. Any other suggestions?
>
> --
Dr Jeremy Yuille

Program Director, Communication Design
School of Media and Communication<http://www.rmit.edu.au/mediacommunication>