From: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in Design [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Carma Gorman [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 August 2013 01:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Must a designer be trained as a designer?

Hi, George.

Your description of your program, which sounds very impressive, helps a
lot. I am not familiar with any comparable curricula in the US.
(American design
educators, this is your cue to chime in and say so if you are in fact doing
something similar in your own programs).

Thanks for your reply, and nice to "meet" you,
Carma

Carma Gorman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Design Division
Department of Art and Art History