Hi Cath

Cognisant of one of your earlier emails which relates to HR It would be simpler all round if the worker asked for a copy of his records and then passed those on to his lawyer. As the lawyer is the equivalent of worker’s representative then with his signed consent I can’t see why you can’t supply those records. In view of issues  with HR which you posted about a couple of weeks ago I would still check it out with the RCN in case there are any repercussions.

Good luck

Anne

On 14/08/2013 21:58, "Cath" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Anne

I work for his part time role company(A) and he is claiming against his full time role company (B)it is the full time role solicitors(B) who have requested his OH records from our company(A) also should there be a financial cost implication as there is when asking for a GP/Spec report.
I love interesting, I used to be an AEU sister for many years, so strange was often the norm, and it beats health surveillance every day. I try to learn something new every day, and am rarely surprised by people these days, but sometimes one crops up the stumps me, or doesn't feel quite right, which makes me eternally grateful for the advice and support on jisc, as I am a lone practitioner.

many thanks

Catherine

----- Original Message -----

From:  [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

To: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:40  PM

Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Odd query

This is quite complex – I am assuming you are a member  of the RCN. I would suggest that you also get advice from them. Chris Cox who  is director of the RCN legal services would be the best person at the RCN to  advise you but you have to go through the correct processes to get to him.  Contact RCN direct in the first instance and ask how to access advice of the  legal team.

Can you clarify what you mean by “this company”   perhaps I have misunderstood your email. I am unsure why he has put in a  claim against company B when the incident occurred whilst working with company  A. Is this the equivalent of an OHN requesting a report from a hospital  consultant or GP. If so think about how much you would expect them to pay for  this.

I would strongly recommend gaining legal advice on this one so  that you don’t put a foot wrong. The worker could ask for a copy of his own  records subject to Data Protection legislation anyway subject to paying the  usual data protection fee. One way around it would be for the employee to  exercise his rights under data protection legislation.  You would have no  option but to release copies of the notes should you be issued with a subpoena  to do so by a court of law.

You certainly face challenges,  Cath.

Anne