Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Odd query This is quite complex – I am assuming you are a member of the RCN. I would suggest that you also get advice from them. Chris Cox who is director of the RCN legal services would be the best person at the RCN to advise you but you have to go through the correct processes to get to him. Contact RCN direct in the first instance and ask how to access advice of the legal team.

Can you clarify what you mean by “this company”  perhaps I have misunderstood your email. I am unsure why he has put in a claim against company B when the incident occurred whilst working with company A. Is this the equivalent of an OHN requesting a report from a hospital consultant or GP. If so think about how much you would expect them to pay for this.

I would strongly recommend gaining legal advice on this one so that you don’t put a foot wrong. The worker could ask for a copy of his own records subject to Data Protection legislation anyway subject to paying the usual data protection fee. One way around it would be for the employee to exercise his rights under data protection legislation.  You would have no option but to release copies of the notes should you be issued with a subpoena to do so by a court of law.

You certainly face challenges, Cath.

Anne