Message from the MIST mailing list.

Dear colleagues

I have recently been appointed as the UK representative to the EISCAT science oversight committee (SOC). I replace Professor Mike Kosch who has spent several years representing the UK.

I am very pleased to take on this role and if you have anything to do with EISCAT science that you would like to see discussed by SOC then please drop me a line.

One of the tasks of SOC is to generate a rolling 5 year plan of EISCAT science. This is an indicator of the sort of science the EISCAT community wishes to perform with the radar (whether as a central facility or in support of other experiments). The 5 year plan is completely user generated; it comes from the grass-roots science community.

To that end I would like to request any current or potential EISCAT users to jot down their plans (what, why, when, etc) and send them to me. It can be as long or as short as you like, though remember that it will be edited to fit into an overarching document. If you can send me your plans as soon as you possibly can I would appreciate it.  If you have a number of users within your group then please feel free to coordinate over a single response.

Best regards
Andrew

Dr. Andrew J. Kavanagh
Vertical Coupling Dynamicist / UK EISCAT Science Support
British Antarctic Survey
High Cross, Madingley Road
Cambridge CB3 0ET

Tel: +44 (0)1223 221314