It may well be too late to put a proposed amendment to the Motion in.  In any case, I'd rather we have a vote on what is being proposed by the powers that be (in the hope that it gets turned down by a large majority)

Charles

Professor Charles Oppenheim

From: John Briggs <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 7 August 2013, 16:12
Subject: Re: New name for CILIP

Having finally looked at the press release for the "proposed new name",
the thing that leapt out at me was that the strapline:

The Chartered Institute for the Knowledge Professions

would make a decent name, and the new name:

Information & Library Professionals UK

would make a decent strapline!

Has anyone seriously suggested this? (Robert Clayton, below, came close
with his suggestion of a working name.)

Would it be worth putting forward such an amendment to the AGM motion?

John Briggs