Dear all

Not sure if you have seen our latest campaign, but thought it might be of interest…

Have you used Jorum in your teaching/learning and would like to earn a reward for it? Then read on...

Jorum is planning to develop an entirely new area for showcasing and highlighting resources. These will be mini curated collections of existing Jorum resources; one for each of the FE and HE sub-collections, and one each for the RDM and Re:Source collections. Each mini collection will contain individual resources chosen by a curator which they will have used, re-purposed or simply been inspired by in their teaching or learning, each with a brief explanation of their choices. These collections will be a useful starting point, especially for first time users, to help to get ideas and an overview of what Jorum can provide in their subject area. Key metrics will also be displayed such as the number of downloads, resources and latest uploads to that particular subject.

We are hoping this will inspire others not just to share, but to increase the re-use of its resources. The new initiative will provide clear exemplars of how to make best use of Jorum’s wealth of content in each subject area and also facilitate and improve discovery of Jorum’s expanding collections.

To achieve our goal, we need volunteers who have made use of 5 resources from Jorum from each of our 42 subject areas and 2 collections<http://dspace.jorum.ac.uk/xmlui/community-list> to answer a few simple questions, which can be found in on our latest blog post<http://www.jorum.ac.uk/blog/post/70/love-using-oers-earn-a-reward>. For volunteering there will be a reward of £75 in Amazon vouchers.

To get involved, simply email Hilary Jones ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), our main contact for this project, with an indication of your chosen subject area and she will respond in due course. We are intending that this project will develop over some time so you do have time to consider and make use of Jorum, especially if you have not used Jorum in this way before.

Best wishes,

The Jorum Team

Louise Egan
Marketing and Communications (L&T services)
Mimas | 5th floor Roscoe Building | The University of Manchester | Oxford Road | Manchester | M13 9PL
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 6931 | Skype: egan6677
Web: jorum.ac.uk<http://jorum.ac.uk> | teamscarlet.wordpress.com<http://teamscarlet.wordpress.com> | hairdressing.ac.uk<http://hairdressing.ac.uk>
Twitter: Jorum<https://twitter.com/jorumteam> | Hairdressing Training<https://twitter.com/hairtrainUK> | SCARLET<https://twitter.com/team_scarlet> (AR)
Facebook: Jorum<https://www.facebook.com/Jorumupdate> | Hairdressing Training<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hairdressing-Training/197862816926790>

** Please note my working hours below **
Tuesday – Thursday: 9am - 4pm     Friday: 8am - 5pm

Skype & Twitter: SiobhanBurke79