From: Tectonics & structural geology discussion list [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hermann Lebit [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, 20 August 2013 10:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Numerical Modeling Software

Matt,
actually 3D deformation fields and strain are an ambitious subject and
glade somebody is taking it on.
I would recommend to have a look at ELFIN FEM program package from
Rockfield. They may have some affortable edu licensing. It is a quiet
widespread application in the oil industry and therefore easy to use.

Good luck
Hermann